Monday, March 13, 2017

Serve...

Well this week started super awesome and towards the end got really bad... haha

I will start with the good. We had an interesting tracting experience in a huge building that we quickly found out was a place where people that work for the police live... it was a normal building where people live but they are just cops... so they were not very happy we were there but they new the rules and couldn’t kick us out so we had a good time tracting there haha.

On Wednesday we met with one of our awesome investigators and had a really cool surprise. He pulled out a super old copy of the Book of Mormon that he got ten years ago and told us that he has read it a could times and knows that it is true. I opened it and almost every page was highlighted and it was super cool to see. So we brought up baptism with him and he told us that he was already baptized in the Catholic church but we are going to teach about that the next time we meet so we are excited because it was a serious miracle and he knows the Book of Mormon is true and he can feel the power in it so that was super awesome. 

This week we got super rejected by this lady that lived in Nevada... and said she knew who we were and that we were not Christians... I won’t go into detail but it was rough. This lady was straight up rude and after we were super frustrated but hey rejection is what we thrive off of.... haha

We also visited our investigator that should be accepting a baptismal date today... hopefully. It was her name day, which is a thing that they have here. It’s like your birthday but just a day that they celebrate your name because everyone here has the same name almost... but we brought her chocolate and she was seriously so happy you have no idea. I think we have some serious potential with her and I love her already she is great!! 

Last of all we had a really great teaching with an old investigator that we looked up. He has a really bad drinking problem but is trying to quit because of the truthfulness of the gospel. He found the church when he rented a Book Of Mormon from a library and read it in 6 days and from then on he knew it was true... pretty amazing. He would be baptized tomorrow he just cant give up drinking so we are going to work with him and hopefully be able to get him off of that. He is the kindest and most humble person ever and I feel like I connected to him right when we met. It was a really cool experience and I am excited to meet with him again.

Other than that not much happened this week. Sadly, I got really really sick on Friday and I had to stay home all Saturday and Sunday with a really bad fever... so I was pretty wrecked but I am getting better now which is a good thing! It was a good week other than that and we are excited for the up coming week!! We will be going on splits twice so it should be pretty fun!! 

I want to finish with a thought out of the bible. I was reading in Matthew and it talked about Jesus’s service that he gave and ultimately him dying for us and how we need to serve. I thought about this and I have always had the question of how can I give back to my savoir for what he did for me? I realized that this is the answer. We in turn have to serve. We have to do what the savior did and we will still never be able to pay it all back but this is the best way we can feel the closest to the Savior. I love serving because I know that it is the least I can do for my Savior.

I hope you all have a great week.













Elder Ure 

No comments:

Post a Comment