Monday, March 20, 2017

Primary Answers

Well this week was pretty wild. I will start with the most eventful thing that happened... This week I continued to be sick and I got a sore throat which quickly turned into me not having a voice.... at all. 100% mute. It was great. What happened was on Friday my voice started to hurt and we were on splits and I was with a great elder that is younger in the mission so he didn’t speak as much... so I talked all day long and by the night time we went up to these two people and I started to talk and mid conversation my voice went out and I couldn’t get it to come back... and my companion didn’t know what to say because he just couldn’t get the words out so it got really awkward and they just walked away as I struggled to even say anything... so from then on my voice was pretty wrecked... Luckily it is starting to come back and I can talk today a little better but it has been interesting for the last couple days. I am doing great though just got a little sick and am practicing my miming. So that’s been funny but it made for an interesting week.

Earlier in the week when I was still sick with my other sickness... I went on splits with the office elders and was able to work with one of my old companions Elder Romer! It was good to see him again and work with him... sadly I had to sit in the office all day while he had to work so I did a lot of reading and tried to help as much as I could. 

This week was also the Hungarian celebration of freedom so everyone had work off and.... they did not want to be bothered because we went finding almost all day and went out and streeted and tracting and I can’t say I had the nicest conversations on my mission... but we endured because on Thursday we got blessed!!! We found this super cool couple that loves America soooo of course they wanted to talk to two super cool American kids. So they told us to come back on Sunday and we met with them and taught the restoration to them and it went really well. They said they are going to come to church and read the Book of Mormon and we even wrote a message in their book because they asked us to, so it was a really cool blessing and they are some really awesome investigators. Their names are Attila and Dora. All the prayers you can say are welcomed!!

We also fasted for Ildiko and Tivadar this weekend for them to receive an answer about the Book of Mormon and we are going to be meeting with them this weekend and hopefully be able to give at least Ildiko a baptismal date!!! So we are really excited about that. 

Lastly, on splits we found this really cool guy on the street that we talked to for a really long time and had a really cool conversation with him. He wanted to learn more but wasn’t willing to give us his number or address and I am not kidding you when I say that I literally begged him for it... so hopefully he will call us because we gave him our’s and the coolest part of all this was when he started to ask us questions... He told us that he has looked into churches all over the world and had given up on the search for God because he had questions that no one could answer... So I told him to ask me them. SO he started with tithing and the fact that God commands us that we pay it but all the churches use it for bad purposes and for their own gain... so I came back with the fact that in our church we don’t receive money and I told him all about where the money goes and what we use it for. So the questions went on and I easily answered all of them with primary answers... I didn’t even have to get into deep doctrine because the answers were so easy and simple. It amazed me at how simple the gospel is and how it answers question that nothing else on this earth can. It is comfort, peace, knowledge, and pure love and that’s what this man needed to see. So hopefully he will be able to get and answer to his prayers and he will look for us again.

I know this church is true. I know why I am here and I know where I am going and I have no doubts or fears. I am happy, and that’s all that matters to me. 

I love you all have a great week!!

Ure Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment