Monday, February 27, 2017

Budapest week

Well week has been crazy to be honest. All that has happened and the new changes. I feel like I am on another planet. 

Saying goodbye to Bence and his family was for sure one of the hardest things that I have done so far on my mission. It was super rough but I will see him again I think while I am here and I will for sure be coming back to visit him. 

Well, Elder Veres and I are already homies. From the first moment we already are super good friends. It was like we got put right back into the mtc and we are just back serving together and not knowing Hungarian... but we do know Hungarian and we are in the middle of Budapest. It is awesome! haha. We are going to work out super hard this transfer because at our church building, which is the stake center in Hungary, there is a basketball court like 3 minutes from our house so it is going to be super awesome. 

This week not a lot happened because we had to get settled in and we didn’t have anything set up so it was a pretty normal week and we just worked and tracted and streeted. It was really funny. We went out to the boonies because our area is massive and so we were in the middle of nowhere. It will be really cool to serve here because we have the city aspect but we also have the hills and the little towns outside of Pest. Tracting is super fun with Elder Veres because we joke around and make it fun. I think it will be really good. I have already had one time were I broke out laughing mid conversation because I couldn’t hold it in while we were talking to someone. They laughed and were like “wow you are both super happy”. So that was cool. 

The ward here is huge and the weirdest part is that it is in English. This is the international ward so there are a ton of Americans that live here so they translate mid sacrament and we are able to talk to Americans and it is really weird. It’s like I am almost back in America. It is super weird... I also am going to get a block of American cheese because one of them said that he could bring me one. I haven’t had cheddar cheese in daaayyysss. So that will take some time to get used to but it will be really good I think. 

I am getting used to the new life well and I think and I have a crazy story. This week we got a call and it was from the assistants and they asked if we could set up a teaching for Sunday night because an area 70 will be in Pest for a meeting and he wants to come teaching with us after his meeting. It was crazy... we were like wait, what. So we set up a teaching for Sunday night and an hour before we call the guy and he got super sick and canceled so in like a half hour we set up another teaching with someone else that isn’t that serious and we met with him with an area of the seventy... it was so scary but also super awesome. It wasn’t super long but still went well and I can now say I went teaching with a 70. ha-ha.

I want to finish with another story that happened this week. It was really cool. We went over to visit a woman that is really sick with cancer and she asked for us to give her a blessing and this was the first time I have ever met the woman. She was really nice and we got along right of the bat. She asked me to give her the blessing so I did. During the blessing I said things that I didn’t even know. I said things about this woman and about her life that I could never have known because I had only met the woman 30 minutes before this. It was really cool blessing and the words just came. I didn’t even have to think and I think it was the best Hungarian I have ever spoken. After the blessing the woman turned to me and asked me how I knew to say those things and that it was exactly what she needed to hear right now in her life. It was a really cool experienence for me and I have never had something like that happen to me. I knew God was speaking through me and it was one of the coolest things that I have ever done. I know that God can speak to us today through the priesthood and that his power is on the earth again today. He loves us and is watching over us we just need to turn to him and put him first in our lives.

I love you all have a great week!!


Elder Ure


New Suit shopping
















Ripped out pants

Eight months left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment