Tuesday, February 21, 2017

TRANSFERS and someone's life will forever be changed...

Well the news is in! I am leaving Győr and my new city will be in the heart of Hungary! I will be going to Pest and will be a Zone leader there!! I am super excited because I will be in the big city and I think that will be a cool thing to experience and I will be able to see all the amazing things of Budapest! I will also be serving with one of my very old comps... even back to the beginning. Elder Veres! He was my Companion in the mtc and I am so stoked to be serving with him again! It is going to be so great! I can’t wait! 

This week was super awesome. It was super hard knowing that I will be leaving and saying goodbye to everyone but it was a really great week to end on and I am very grateful for the time I have spent here! 

At the beginning of the week, we went on splits with the assistants’ and we had a super good time ha-ha. We worked super hard but I have to tell you what we did after we came in for the night. So one of the elders had waxing strips so of course we all had to wax something ha-ha. So we spent the night ripping each other’s hair out and punching each other because of the pain... ha-ha It was a very testosterone filled night. It was good to be a couple of guys messing around for a little. We also worked hard and had great success. We got let in to a very nice old ladies house and we didn’t stay long but the only reason was because she was scared... so they are going to go back and meet with her when someone else is home. It was a great split.

Later in the week, we went on splits again with the Sopron Elders and I was very impressed with the elder that I served with. It is only his second transfer and he has memorized 5000 words and is a beast at the language already. He is a stud. His name is elder Lowe and he is a great missionary and we had a really cool thing happen during our split. I told him that I wanted him to decided where we should go tracting; one because I have almost tracted the whole city of Győr and two because I knew he had the faith to find someone that would be ready for our message. So we went to a street that I had been on but the houses didn’t look familiar so we started to tract and we knocked on this old man’s house and he let us in and we were able to talk for 5 or 10 minutes and then... he asked us to leave. It was actually really weird, he just changed all of a sudden and was like okay we are done here and showed us to the door... so we left and we just kinda laughed about it and kept going. A couple minutes later we knocked on another door and a man opened the door and we saw into the house and it was a family having dinner. So we introduce our message and ourselves and he let us in! As we walked in his wife peeked around the corner and turned to her husband and was like are you serious...? He laughed and brought us in and started talking to us. THE FAMILY WAS SO NICE. The wife warmed up to us and even offered to feed us dinner on the spot. We said we just ate which was true and we were able to share the message we brought about the Book Of Mormon and they were super interested. The father said he was going to read the book and the whole rest of the family too. I am so excited to hear what comes from it because I think it will be super cool. It was a miracle and super super cool. 

Also this week we had a cool lesson with a member family that is having their young girl prepare to be baptized and they invited us over to make it "real." So we went and taught the restoration to her and treated her like she was an investigator. We taught it by making a puzzle and it was about Jesus Christ gospel and what Jesus did on the earth, we then talked about when he died and the truth was lost... so we ripped up the peace of paper into pieces and taught her that Joseph smith was the one that put it all together again. I think it clicked for her and was super cool. They are the best family ever and I love them. They will for sure be missed. I will send pictures next week hopefully because this week I can’t send pictures where we are emailing from! 

This week was also super hard. Saying goodbye to everyone was rough and I think that was the hardest part about staying here for so long. I will miss these people so much. I said goodbye to Roland last night and it was so sad. I love that kid so much and it was really cool to see how much we have changed each other’s lives. I will miss him and how weird he is. He is such a funny kid. I just laugh every time I think about him. It was hard saying goodbye but it will be a good change. It was really cool to see that Roland’s life will never be the same and I was a part of that. Elder Gentry and I found him and now I am leaving and he is going to be different forever. It is really cool.

This week I shared my last spiritual message in English class from Alma 36:21 I talked about why it was my favorite scripture and what it meant to me. This verse talks about when Alma saw the contrast of when he was righteous and when he was wicked and I love this because I can apply it straight to my life. I have been in the same place that Alma was and I know what it is like to live without the help that we can receive from God and I have also lived with the help from God and there is a huge difference. I am so grateful for the help that God gives us and the pure joy that comes from the gospel. I feel like it is worth a shot trying to live righteous and with God for a little because I know all that will happen in your life will get better. I love this work and I love you all. I hope you have a great week and I am excited to tell you all about the city life!!! 


Ure Elder 


No comments:

Post a Comment