Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Transfers & Trials

It has been a crazy week but has gone by so fast I seriously don’t know where the time has gone! I will be staying in my city again and will be getting a new companion named Elder Howard! We will be Zone Leaders. It is going to be a lot of fun and I think we will get along just great!

This email will be a little shorter just because of transfer day and we have a lot to get done today! This week we had some crazy experiences to finish off our transfer together. One day we were tracting and out of nowhere we found one of our investigators, and where he lived!! He came out and we had a long conversation with him. He still did not want to meet but he was willing to talk for a little bit. Then later on Sunday he showed up at church and came to me and said he needed to talk to someone about his sins so I said I can introduce him to the Bishop and he said no I just want to talk to you no one else, and alone... So I said well I can't do that but I would love to help you and you can talk to someone that can make these things go away. He did not want to talk to anyone but me and I can't talk to people about past sins so he left and was not willing to get help. It was sad but hopefully he will come back and realize that there are people here that can help him get rid of the burden he is feeling. That’s the amazing part about the gospel and atonement; Everything can just go away. 

This week we walked one of our investigators to church. His name is Roland and he is twelve years old and is the coolest kid ever I love him. Him and his mom came to church and they really enjoyed it. I will talk about church later. This week we taught him the Word of Wisdom and we were talking about tea and how we cannot drink black or green tea and he thought we were saying the word for milk..., which are very similar. So he got super sad and said he drinks milk every morning and was so confused why we can't drink milk... so we quickly explained that and he was then happy haha. So that was funny.

Also this week I said goodbye to a lot of people thinking that I would be leaving and so in church I was getting really tender with everyone and it was sad because they were sad that I was probably going to leave and now I am ending up staying.... so that is also funny. Nothing else crazy happened this week. It was awesome though. Bence planned on having us over for a goodbye party because everyone thought I was leaving so he planned it for today and his worked called him and said that he needed to work right when we planned to meet and there was no other time to meet.... so Bence tells his work that he is not coming in and he can't because he has something very important and they say... well why we need you and he said... well I am not coming in so either I don’t have to work or I will be quitting right now.... I lost my mind. That’s how much it meant to him to say goodbye to me... Lucky they said okay fine you don’t have to work but still it was crazy! He is the coolest kid I know!

I would like to finish with a talk that was given this Sunday actually by Bence. He gave his first talk in church and I am pretty sure he had everyone crying. It was one of the best talks I have ever heard in my life. He talked about how hard his life was when he lived with his father and the change that he has seen from then until now. He talked about the most dark and hard times of his life, and that they have been the most helpful because he learned the lesson of being grateful for hardships. He went on to say that if he had not experienced the things he had he would not be the person he is today. He would not be as strong as he is, or as sensitive. It was truly an amazing talk and the message is so true. We all have gone through things in our life that have been the most awful and dark places that we never want to even think about, but when we look back and are able to say, wow! I am thankful for that because now, I am strong. Now I know my Father in Heaven and now I can take on the next trial with faith that I will grow. I know this to be true. I have experienced in my own life. I love you all so much and I will have lots to write about next week!!


Love Elder Ure 

No comments:

Post a Comment