Monday, October 10, 2016

A woman's beautiful Hungarian prayer

Well this was the week. I have now been a missionary for a full year and I don’t even know how to feel about that ha-ha It’s a really cool feeling but also like wow I have never lived another life. Its great!!

Well this week winter came early. It is once again freezing here and I am not prepared for it in any form of the word. It was a surprise for everyone here.

This week we have found so many people to teach and I know it is not because of us. We found multiple people just through knocking on doors and walking on the street. We have found a little boy named Roland that goes to church by himself every Sunday and is really humble but is in a hard situation where he has to go to a certain church because of the school he goes to but he wants to be baptized so we will be working with that this week! Also we found a couple that is going to pray about the book of Mormon and see if it is true. 

Sadly this week we had one of our investigators drop us. We taught him the word of wisdom and he was not willing to follow it and we tried to set up a time with him to talk about it and see if he can work it out but he does not want us to call him anymore so that was a hard part of this week sadly. 

This week we were successful in getting the actual police called on us. I don’t say that as a good thing I just say it as a funny thing. We were tracting at night and an old lady called the police because she thought we were trying to rob people so they pulled up and were super nice when they saw who we were but I called my mission President and he talked to them and we ended up just having to go home which was lame but yes I can now say that I have had the cops called on me. woohoo haha.

This week we had one of the craziest things happen to me in my whole mission. We were walking on the street and I said hello to a girl walking by because I say hello to pretty much everyone and we keep walking and she calls after us and so we stop and start talking to her and she is acting super weird but she says she wants help spiritually and for us to help her find peace and forgiveness and we had a super long conversation with her but after a while I started putting the pieces together of what she was saying and who she was and why she was walking the streets at night... yes I was talking to that type of girl on the street. I realized this after I had given her a Book of Mormon and heard her life story. It was so sad and I really wanted to help her so once I figured it out who she was I just testified of the Book of Mormon and that it can really help her life if she really wanted to change but wow was it a crazy experience... I walked away in just awe. 

This week I also hit my year mark and to celebrate I spray painted one year onto my shirt and lit it on fire!! It was awesome and that is a tradition here. I went to Bences and he helped me with everything it was so great!! I love that kid and if I leave I will be super sad to say goodbye to him. 

He has a certificate hung in his room now saying he is an aronic priesthood holder and it has my name on it for the person that gave him it and it was so cool to see that and that it will be there forever. It was the coolest feeling ever!!

I would like to finish my email with one of the coolest things that has happened on my mission. At the beginning of this transfer we found an old woman that took a book and then called two weeks later and wanted to meet just did not have time until this Monday. We met with her and she was the cutest little old lady and she loved the gospel and accepted everything we taught. It seemed like she was already Mormon. We taught the restoration and she wanted to hear more and more and was just loving every word we said. She loved why we were here, and she just kept saying that it was true because she could see it on our faces. So we come to the end of the teaching and I start talking about prayer and how we can pray to God to know if the things we have taught are true and if Joseph Smith was a true Prophet. I told her we pray with our own words and just ask God what we want to know. So she was like I love that! When can I say one? I was like uhhh well of course right now. If you can remember back to my farewell talk I talked about an experience where I would hear an older woman pray and I would be able to understand every single word. I got the strongest impression that I would be able to learn Hungarian and I would not need to worry. Well, this woman started to pray and it was the most beautiful Hungarian prayer I have ever heard and I understood every word. The spirit ran over me and I almost was brought to tears. I knew that God had given me my answer and that revelation had come true. God knew that I would learn this language and that this woman’s prayer was an amazing blessing to my life. I know prayer is real and I know God knows what we need in our lives. I love you all so much. Have an amazing day! 


Love Elder Ure 













No comments:

Post a Comment