Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The week of persecution

This week was CRAZYYYYY. 

It was an awesome week but I will start with talking about something I left out last week. Last week we had one of the sisters’ Baptisms. It was really beautiful and she was so happy. This was the woman that I was able to do her baptismal interview. She was so happy and I just love to see the change in people after that have made the choice to follow the Savior. 

This week on P-day we went to this monastery close by our city and it was the coolest thing ever. I will send a ton of pictures but the best part is that we have someone in our English class that used to work there so she got us in for free and gave us a free tour and taught us all the cool facts about it. It is called pananhalma if you would like to look it up. I hope I spelt it right. 

This week we had zone conference and at zone conference President Szabadkai walked up to me with a mission call. I freaked out because I thought I was going to some other mission or something but once I read it, it was for one of the guys in our ward that is serving a mission. So we got to take the letter back to him that night and he opened it and has been called to the England South mission! We are super excited for him. 

Also on the way to zone conference, this super cool thing happened. I sat next to this girl and I started a conversation with her and we talked all the way to Budapest. She was really nice and had so many questions about my life and me. So I told her about our daily schedule and how we read from the Book of Mormon every day and she got super interested and wanted to know more about it. So I gave her one and she took it and was so happy. All I did to start the conversation was ask her if I could practice Hungarian and it ended up being really cool!

We taught a really cool lesson this week to a ward family and I wanted to tell you about it. It’s really good for family home evening with little kids. This family has three super cute little kids. So I told one of them that I wanted to have an arm wrestle with him. So he said okay and then I said imagine that I am the devil. So he was like I am going to crush you ha-ha super cute kid. Anyways we arm-wrestled and I crushed him. I then said why did you lose? Where is your power? And he said I have none compared to you. So I then said okay well then lets add elder gentry which was scripture reading, and then the dad of the family which was our Heavenly Father, and then the mom which was prayer and the brother which was church and so on until it was all of them against me. Yes I wish I could say I was that strong but I lost. So I know that when we have all of those things strengthening us we are strong enough to over come Satan.

So this week was full of honestly just people being mean and just some pretty crazy stuff. I felt like I was back in the old days when people just got yelled at and all that stuff. 

The first one happened after zone conference and it was really late so I understand why he was mad but we had to because this is what we are here to do. So we were ringing doorbells and this one person let us in ad we were like hey look at that we got lucky.... NOPE. The guy meets us half way as we are going up the stairs and just starts digging into us using some super colorful language. He even got to the point where we switched to English and I was surprised at his crude language knowledge in English also... so we got kicked out of the building. The next place we went to we got the cops called on us but when they drove up they just looked at us and kept driving ha-ha.

The next was the following night and we seriously got a whole building to come out on their balcony and to look at us and hear our conversation with this jolly old fellow. He was screaming and woke up the whole neighborhood. ha-ha it was insane he was going of on us about why we are here and told us to go back home, so we left and went somewhere else to work. It was like tracting at the great and spacious building. ha-ha don’t do it.

The next was a lesson we had. We found this lady in our area book and set up a time to meet with her. We got there and it just went down hill. Her beliefs were very different which is not a bad thing she just really hated our beliefs and did not agree with the things that we were trying to teach... 

The next one, I promise I am almost done ha-ha.

This one was the best one of the week. In one building a woman opened and just yelled at us and said she was going to call the police so we went to the next door, she opened the door again and yelled at us and told us to leave, so we went to the next door down, she once again opened the door and did the same, all of these door opening ending in a big slam ha-ha. So we left that building and went to the next one. Here we don’t even get into the building but this guy comes down and tells us to leave, we were not even in the building so I ask him why we have to leave and say that we are doing nothing wrong. This made him really not happy and so I kept ringing people. He stood there and told me to leave again and said he was calling to police and got his phone out and took a picture of me... so I gave him a big old smile and a thumbs up. Of course we were respectful and after we finished left and told him to have a good day but he was really not happy. 

I do not tell you all of these to talk badly about Hungarians. I love this people and there are these types of people all around the world. I tell you this because of the miracle that came out of it after. 

Before conference we decided that we would tract because we would not have time any other time in the day and it was pretty early in the morning... We knowing how our week had gone prepared for warfare and went out. We knocked on a door and a very nice lady invited us in. She told us that she got a book of Mormon 15 years ago and remembered the missionaries’ and that’s why she let us in. We taught the restoration and she really liked it and wants to hear more so we are going back tomorrow. It was a huge miracle ad I knew it was because we showed God we were willing to put it on the line for the people out here. 

I would like to finish with one of my favorite parts of conference. It was a talk from Elder Nelson I think. He talked about Joy. He told us all to focus on the Joy of life. There is so much joy around us and so many reasons to be happy. I just want to add my thoughts to that and really say that if we focus on the joy and not the bad our whole perspective is changed. There is joy in every situation. I love you all so much have an amazing week.

Sok Szeretettel,


Ure Elder 













No comments:

Post a Comment