Monday, October 24, 2016

Transfer week

Well this week was transfer week!!! This week has been all over the place and we have been running all over the place. We went up to Budapest this week to get our new companions so I met Elder Howard. He is from Sandy Utah but he was actually born in Russia and lived there until he was 8 years old so he speaks Russian also!! It’s pretty cool! We came back and got everything settled in and the next day went back up to Budapest for a Mission leader meeting and that was pretty cool also. I was asked to give a spiritual thought and these meetings are usually always all in Hungarian so I gave it in Hungarian and it went pretty well. I was a little nervous but it came out all right haha. We sat and talked about all the people in our zones and the goals that we will be having for them in the up coming weeks. 

The weird part about me serving with Elder Howard is he is going home after this transfer which means I will be staying in my city for 8 months... that is a really long time but at the same time I would never want to serve for this long anywhere else so I am excited about it!

This week has been really boring to be honest because we have been planning on who we will be going on splits with and what we will be talking about at Zone conference and things like that so not much has happened. 

One thing that is cool is this week will be the big “meet the Mormons week” here in Hungary. We gave a big training about it in church yesterday and talked to all the members about it. All over Hungary in every city we gave a Book of Mormon to all the members and they are supposed to give those books to someone during the week then this Saturday we will be having a “meet the Mormons day” where they can come and watch the movie and talk to the missionaries! It will be a really amazing chance to break world records for the amount of books given out in one week… so keep the prayers coming so that we can have a successful week!! 

This week there was a really cool miracle that happened. It was small but was still cool. We were planning what to talk about during a presentation we were giving in Sunday school, but we could not think of a scripture talking about lifting burdens in the way we wanted it to. So out of nowhere a sister called and I told the sister who was answering the phone to ask her for the first scripture that comes to her head. So she said mosiah 24:14. I think that is right I can’t remember for sure, but I think it was that one and it was seriously perfect. It talks about what the savior went through and how we can be helped and comforted through him. It was so cool that the one scripture she said was perfect. So miracles do happen sometimes. They are just smaller. 

Sorry this was a smaller and not as exciting email this week! I love you all so much and I know that God’s work is moving forward here. We are working hard and are excited to see the blessings in store. I love you all so much! Have an amazing week! 


Elder Ure







No comments:

Post a Comment