Monday, January 25, 2016

Well sadly this week I am getting ripped away from my trainer Elder Murdock. An Emergency Transfer came and some other Elder in a different town needed a companion so he is leaving me Wednesday. Sad I know but he will do great. 

Anyway, this week has been great! So much has happened! First things first; a funny tracting experiance. So we are tracting this building and this lady opens the door and invites us in right off the bat... this never happens. So we were surprised and walked in and when we got in she realized that she didn’t know us and kinda freaked out. She thought Elder Murdock was someone she knew but actually didn’t. So we calm her down and ask if we can share a message and she agreed. She ended up listening and opening up to us about her life. She started to cry and it was really sad but we are going to come back and visit her again soon and try to help her. The funny part is apparently during our message she said that we are all so cute but turned to me, but said but him, his hair and eyes and smile is just gorgeous..... So it is good to know that super old Hungarian women think I am attractive. hahah. 

This week we had a missionary broadcast that was really great. It was hard to understand because it would freeze because the connection was bad but I was still able to get some great things from it! 

This week we went on splits to Miskolc! It was a fun train ride looking out the window and then sleeping over at the Zone leader’s apartments. I was able to go tracting and get let in by this guy that loved football. I pretty much got let in because I suck at Hungarian and he wanted to teach me and said he didn’t want to hear anything about our church but just wanted to talk. So we go in there and end up talking all about our church. Pretty cool how that works. I was able to talk pretty much the whole time. I have never spoke that well in my mission yet and it was such a great experience. I taught him about the plan of salvation and missions and the Book of Mormon. It was so cool to feel the spirit in the room and see it touch his heart. The Gift of Tongues is real. It is an amazing thing.

I also got some glasses while there and we look like the companionship from the Best Two years! haha. 

On the way home, I sat next to a girl and tried to talk to her and sometimes this goes well and sometimes it goes bad. This was a time it went bad. She was very awkward and I didn’t speak Hungarian and it was a very long train ride. I still was able to tell her what I believe but it was super weird and even worse me not knowing the language very well. haha it was a growing experience. 

We were able to meet with an investigator this week and he pretty much taught us. He knows and believes everything we teach him and is the coolest guy ever. He for sure needs to get dunked. I feel the spirit so strong when we meet with him and just know that he was put in place for me to be able to help. I love him and hope God can guide him and me to say the things that will guide him to the Gospel. 

I will end with a funny story and then a spiritual thought. This week a drunk guy started talking to us and was just laughing and all over the place so we started to try to see how many pass along cards we could get into his pocket without him noticing. I was able to put two in without and disturbance. Missionary work can even be done to drunk people. haha

This week I shared 2 Nephi 22:2 with an investigator and I wanted to testify of its truth. Please go look it up its a really good one. I know that this scripture is true. If we trust in God there is no need to be afraid. I know that everyone goes through times in their life were we have no idea how we are even going to survive. I know that God can strengthen us and that he is our salvation. I would not be able to keep going if I was not strengthened every day by My Savior. I can’t learn Hungarian alone but with Him I can. I know we can go through anything with the help of God. I love you all and I hope you have a great week and don’t forget that you are never alone.

Szeretlek titeket

Elder Ure  



The Squad

Gross food

Gross food we hated eating 

He loves white tigers

big Lions

Monkeys!

train ride

Miskolc

sharks at the zoo?

zoo day

which elder am I? from The Best Two Years...

P-day

1 comment: