Monday, January 11, 2016

Dec. 28, 2015 - Jan. 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

This is going to be a short one this week Sorry!! This week has been a hard week. I found out that the US army ranked Hungarian as the Number 1 hardest language to speak in the world so that’s comforting. haha. 

I had a very cool experience this week though. I was at a meeting and I had the opportunity to bear my testimony about how I found out the Book of Mormon is a true book. I was able to share how I went on Origination and how I read the whole book in two weeks. I shared how I didn’t receive an answer until after during the testimony meeting. I shared how strongly it was conformed to me that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. After I shared this in my broken Hungarian a handicap kid in our ward came up and said to me that while I was talking he could see the spirit in me. It was a really amazing thing to hear. It made all the hard parts of my mission worth it. It made my week. I really do know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and if you read it, you can know that also. I challenge you to read it. It will change your life. 

A funny thing that happened this week was during sport day when I was playing basketball. We invited the football to come and some guys came. One of the guys is seriously hulk and a lumberjack put together. He is a monster. Such a big human being. Anyway, I was going in for a layup and well... hulk punched me in the face and I about went down. Made my chin all bruised. haha. He felt so bad but I just laughed and said it was fine. He is a really good guy. It was funny. We are hopefully going to try to meet with him soon. 

This week was not very exciting but I am learning everyday. Hungarian is super hard and I am trying super hard. I love it here. Have a great week I love you all!! 

Elder Ure 



 DECEMBER 28, 2015

Sziasztok

Well I have a ton to write about this week because last week I didn’t have a computer to use. sorry. I will try to fit it all in. 

So Christmas was so awesome. Christmas eve nothing special happened besides me climbing on the statue. haha that was fun and I got a cool picture from it too. haha Then for my Christmas eve feast I had noodles and cream. I didn’t have any sauce so I just used some cream... haha I guess I have had better before. Then on Christmas we woke up and just kinda hung out. It was like a normal day to me.  We then went and skyped home and it was the best. I loved seeing you all. All day we just hung out at the branch house and played ping pong while people skyped. For dinner I had the left overs of the night before soooo once again I have had better haha. I have two weeks of football updates so the first week we played like ultimante frizbee football and it was super weird. It was so cold and I couldn’t feel anything. By the end of it I was all wet and covered in dirt but it was still super fun. I was able to kinda talk to one of the guys on the team using the Hungarian I know and just explain  some stuff about what I believe and our church. It was really cool. 

  I found out a cool thing in Hungarian today. The word sacrament in Hungarain translates to Lords dinner. I really like that. It is just something kinda cool to think about. 

So last we were tracting and tracted into a Roman Catholic and it went a little crazy.  At the end Elder Roberts through me under the bus and asked me to pray... so me not knowing how to pray for anything other than things in our church, I start to pray and this guy comes out of no where and starts doing this Catholic prayer... like a memorized thing... and then stops and says for me to continue so I go again and he cuts in again... and then at the end all he says is thank you and for us to leave. Most insane experience I have had yet. Until this week but I will get to that. 

So later in the week I was going around practicing Hungarian and asking people whose tie was the best looking out of all three of us and it was super fun and we ended up meeting this super cool guy and taught him some stuff but never heard from him again. It was still really cool though. 

In a lesson this week we where teaching one of our investigators that has a Baptism date and he had a ton of questions. He had a question about a scripture and right when I heard the scripture I realized that it was exactly what I read that morning in my own studies. I was able to teach and tell him what I knew about the scripture and it was really great testimony to me that God really is watching over me and putting me in places to help people’s lives. It was awesome. 

Now onto the super funny stories of this week. hahaha I am laughing as I am typing this. So in one of our programs I pulled out my picture book and showed it to the father of the house. He is this crazy guy that high fives us every five seconds and just loves us haha. So he starts going through my picture book and comes to the picture of me and the fam in Costa Rica and gets this crazy face on him. This picture was right after football season when I was in super good shape so he turns to me and probably one of the very few English words he knows says.... Juice. Like asking if I use steroids.... Dylan and I just bust up laughing haha. It was so funny. I told him no of course and he was still just like wow. haha. 

So for news years we didn’t do much haha. During the day one of the kids from the football team called us and wanted to have us teach him some football stuff so we met with him and I was able to teach this kid how to throw the football with good form and all that in the middle of Hungary... Like what.  It was crazy cool. He is this little kid and just loves it and it made me so happy. After, we shared a message with him and then went home and got ready for the night. 

For new years we went to a party. hahah like a bunch of old people haha. We got there and just talked with people and I found a massage chair and sat in that for like an hour. Then they busted out the karaoke and put on 1D... so you know I was all over that. I sung my heart out and had fun but then we had to leave and go home because we had to be inside so we went back home. We got home and we live on the top floor of our apartment so there is this little door to the roof of the building so we pushed it open and we can get on the roof from there we found out so we got up there and just looked at the stars and fire works. It was so cool. I felt like it was a scene straight out of the Saratov approach. I always wanted to do it and I did and it was so cool. I will take pictures next time. 

We also went to my Branch Pres. Dance performance.... He is the coolest guy ever and is such a good dancer. He teaches dance for his job. Mom would have loved it because it was like dancing with the stars Hungarian style haha. 

Then this weeks’ football practice was sickkkkkkkk. I balled out haha. This week the coach asked us to put the team through some drills so we had them do foot work and all that stuff and then did two on twos with a corner and a safety. The last play Dylan and I go on offense and he runs a post and I run a corner and the QB throws the ball late to me so the defense catches up with me by the time the ball gets to me because I was gone before then... anyways haha I end up catching the ball over the corner and coming down with it to finish the practice. Everyone went crazy. The down side was that it is so cold here that the ground was frozen so it was like landing on concrete and I wrecked my knee and face. haha. Totally worth it. That was football though. This week we have a ton of guys coming to our sport day thing and we are going to teach them. It is going to be way cool. 

So I will finish with my tracting experience this week. We where knocking doors and knocked on one and these two guys let us in and right of the bat we knew they were gay. They even told us. So we start talking to them and tell them who we are and find out that they are actually way cool guys but it was a very interesting experience. Then the most insane experience I have had on my mission yet. So I walk up to a door and it was my turn to do the door approach of introducing us so I knock and this guy opens the door and he is a big dude. So I start talking and as I am talking I realize what he is wearing... He had on a way too small tee shirt and then a banana Hammock, or a really small speedo... and I got out two things and he invited us in. We where just like oh crap. So we go in and all these drugs are everywhere and we walk in and this other guy comes out and just starts ripping us apart, like saying the bible is lies and all this crazy stuff. So here we are with this crazy guy that hates us, a half naked man, and three Mormon missionaries. So we got out of there really quick. You meet crazy people here that’s for sure! 

I will finish by telling you about something I had conformed to me this week. I know that there is life after death. I realized that doubt is from Satan, and that’s what he wants. He wants us to have no hope of seeing loved ones ever again and I can testify that that is not true. We will live again after this life and we will see the ones that have already passed on. I love this gospel and I know God has a plan for me. Never give up on the one that Frees us from all of life’s trials. Jesus Christ will always be there in hard times. 

Love,

Elder Ure 





7 ft tall guy at our english classes


my Christmas box finally came!



sketchy basement

fun with pink phones

food i made
football field





first snow



No comments:

Post a Comment