Monday, January 18, 2016

Jan. 18, 2016

well... This week has been insane. haha. 

So I will start this email with the crazy stories of this week and the funny ones and then be more spiritual. 

So this week I was able to experience many lovely meals of Hungary. The first was when we got invited over for Breakfast at the same house as the guy that fed us salmon. So we sit down and he brings out this plate of sausages. One of them was completely black and he said we had to try it. This is called blood sausage. It is made by pretty much blood of the pig... random gross parts of the pig that normal people don’t eat, put into a sausage. So I put it into my mouth and about died. Tasted like iron and just nastiness. It was so gross. Look it up on the Internet because wow is it nasty. 

The next experience will be told to my children and they will tell it to theirs’ and so on. We went to a family’s house this week to pick up our phone that they had and they invited us to come in and sit down so we did. When we got to the table, we saw a patty like looking thing of meat. Like all kinds of meet made into a hamburger looking thing. So we sit down and they offer us some and we say no but of course they force us to have some. As I am sitting there my companions at what it is and I couldn’t understand but their reactions told me all I needed to know. What I was about to eat was Pig head. It had pig tongue, Ear, and everything else on a pig’s head. So we had to eat it so I put it into my mouth and was so close to throwing up... multiple times. It was gooey and hard and tendon-y and just the nastiest thing I have ever had in my life. I barely got it down. It was awful. That wasn’t the end of it though. After that the dad of the family said he had a surprise for us and ran out the door... We knew we were done for. He comes back with two cans. One was Octopus and the other was oysters... in a can.... bought at night.... in the middle of Hungary... ya no thanks... So what we did being clever missionaries is made a deal with him. He said he never will come to church but we said if we eat both of these cans, you have to come to church. He agreed and we dug in. We finished them both with much pain and suffering but we did it. Did he come to church..... well no he didn’t. So sadly it was all for nothing but maybe he will come this week. It was an awful experience but will never be forgotten. 

Then this week after English class, one of the guys wanted to show us his car so we got in and he had a full on karaoke set up in his car. So we start going crazy to “We are the Champions haha. It was a good time. We got some weird looks from passing people though that is for sure. 

We also went to a funeral this week. It was a very interesting and sad experience. The person performing it was a women Priest and she wouldn’t even look at us. It was super rude. It gives me a testimony that there is life after death just by going to a funereal not put on by my religion. It was a cool thing to experience that’s for sure. 

I had the most humbling experience this week besides every week with the language. Which is still impossible if you were wondering...

Anyway, this week I bought new shoes. I love them and they are super cool. I threw the bag they gave me to carry my shoes in away in a dumpster outside our apartment not thinking anything of it. The next morning we walk out of our apartment and see an older women and a really young girl looking through the garbage. This is normal and I see it all the time here so I wasn’t thinking anything of it until the mom pulled out my shoe bag and handed it to her daughter. They turned and walked away and I just watched them. It hit me so hard to see such a young girl walking away with some of my trash and made me so grateful for what I have. So many people have nothing and it is so sad. I just hurt seeing it and wanted to help so bad. It is very different when you see people looking through the trash and they pull something out that used to be yours. It taught me so much and made me so much more grateful. 

This week’s sport update is a pretty great one too. We played football in the snow and it was super fun sliding around and catching balls and all that. After we went and played basketball and I made proabally the best shot ever. So Elder Murdock tried to pass it behind the back to me and it went to far so I ran after it and it was a little past half court when I caught it. Right when I got there, I picked it up with one hand turned and just chucked it with one arm from almost 3\4 of the court away.... drain it. goes right in and everyone lost there mind. I was running around yelling and screaming and going crazy haha. It was so awesome. Ball is life.

Anyway, now onto more spiritual things. 

This week we found someone that I feel like I was meant to find. We found him in a cafe we usually go to email. He is the coolest guy ever and needs to be Mormon I am serious. He believes in everything we say and wants to know more. Coolest miracle ever. I showed him pictures of my family and talked about them and just became super good friends. The best part is he speaks English so we can actually talk. When I was showing him pictures of my family all he said is you guys are all smiling so big. I like that. It was so cool to see that he can notice how happy my family is even just by smiles. He also said that about the picture of when I was going into the MTC which we all were a wreck in but that’s not the point. The point is that he can notice a family in the gospel and it really amazed me. He is all about goals and wants to go somewhere in life and said something I will never forget. He said that we all have 24 hours. It made me think. There are so many successful people in the world and they all have the same amount of day to work. It's how hard we works. I love that a lot. 

The last thing I want to say is a story about us streeting. We were walking the streets and I went up and talked to these two random ladies on the street. They were cute little old Hungarian ladies and I asked if I could practice with them and just talk. They said yes so I sat down and started to talk to one by myself. It was a struggle but I ended up telling her all about my family, about my life and then taught her the restoration and gave her a Book Of Mormon. I only got a little help when I didn’t know the words. I don’t know this language but I was able to use my hands and describe things and I saw the gift of tongues for the first time in my life. It was soo cool. I know that God really does answer Prayers and that he is with all of us. If we pray and ask for help we can be helped. I am so grateful to be a missionary and I love it. I have never done anything harder but this week it was all worth it. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. 

Love 

Elder Ure 

No comments:

Post a Comment