Thursday, December 3, 2015

Last MTC P-Day. I Know that My Redeemer Lives

Well I have more stuff to talk about than ever before this week that is for sure. It has been a long time since I wrote last because of Thanksgiving! So much has happened!!

So last week, the day before Thanksgiving my district got flight plans for Hungary!!! Never been so excited in my life I am pretty sure. 

We have to be at the travel office Monday morning at 3:35 Am... early morning for sure!
Then our flight takes off to Houston, Texas at 8:01 from SLC.
We land in Houston at 12:04 Houston time so 11:04 Utah time. I then have a 4 hour lay over in Houston before flying to Munich, Germany!!!! How cool?? 
Then off to Hungary! I will be getting to Hungary at 4:30 am U.S. time. Which is 12:30P.m. Hungary time so I probably wont sleep for over 30 something hours straight!!! I am pumped hahah. 

It is going to be a very long travel day but I cannot wait. I can’t believe I am almost out of the MTC already!! 

Thanksgiving in the MTC was so amazing! I will for sure never forget the day I had! 

We started off the day with a devotional by Elder Oaks and it was really great. You can read what he said online so if you would like, go look it up! He gave a great talk. Then there were a lot of musical numbers done by the Oaks family! They played a lot of string instruments and were incredible! Last their whole family got together and sang! I can say I have been sung too by an apostle!

We then left the Devotional and went and had our Thanksgiving Feast! (Lunch)
We got to have some really yummy turkey and potatoes and ice cream and pie. Best thing yet at the MTC for sure. It was a great Thanksgiving meal! 

We then had a devotional about our service project and how that was going to work. I am sure you all read about it but it was amazing!! I was a box mover so when the finished boxes of food would come to me I would put them in a pile. It was hard work but was so great! 

The last couple weeks have been crazy for getting ready for Hungary!! I had to dry clean my suits and we procrastinated so the past two weeks I have been without a suit. I have had to wear sweaters and my summer pants all week. haha. 

Also, just a quick funny thing here in the MTC. We call our name tags toast. Sometimes when our name tag starts to come out of our pocket we say "your toast is done" I don’t know if you will think it's funny, but I think its hilarious! haha. 

I also gave a talk in Hungarian Sunday. It was a very interesting experience. I pretty much just read what I had translated on my paper but was able to also bear testimony so that was really cool! My talk was on repentance!

I want you all go listen to the song I Know My Redeemer Lives. The song is truly amazing and has some incredible lyrics. It says how I feel about my Savior in a song. I love that song. Also the song I Believe in Christ. The same goes for both songs. 

Sorry I am all over the place in this email I am just trying to get all that has happened in! 

So I will finish off this crazy rushed email because I don’t have a lot of time with some quick thoughts. The first was actually super funny when it happened. haha

This random branch President walked up to us and said "Elders many are cold, but few are frozen." I thought about that and it really is true. A lot of people in Hungary will be cold and I will have to figure out how to warm them but there will always be people that just won’t want to talk to me and I have to realize that. 

Second, I heard this in a talk, They said to teach with such power that your investigator thinks Jesus is in the Room. If I am able to do this, I know that I will be able to change people's lives. I just first have to figure out how to do this. 

I want everyone to first go watch all the New Christmas Mormon Messages. They are incredible. Then go watch the Mormon message Mountains to Climb. (bring a box of tissues, you will need it.)

Last, I just want to say to everyone, even people that are not of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If a Mormon missionary knocks on your door, let them in. Hear them out. For me. I promise something good will come out of it. 

I love you all so much and am so grateful for you in my life. I love this Gospel with my whole heart and I know it is true. Let it into your life and it will change you forever.

The next email you get from me will be from Hungary!! I am so excited! 
Sziastok!! 

Szeret, Ure Elder 




The MTC has lights (and we match)




our zone going to the temple

1 comment: