Monday, December 14, 2015

HUNGARY-Week One

(This back ground info is added by Stacy for those of you that do not know the story....
There is an Elder serving in Hungary that was a friend of Cameron's in high school.  They played football together.  This elder was quite instrumental in influencing Cameron to go on a mission.  Once Cameron's call came, they have been praying that they would get to serve together on their missions in Hungary.  Please read the rest of the story in Cameron's words.)

So I will start by saying that the computers here are all in Hungarian which makes typing and spelling things so hard. This week has been so insane! So I left the MTC and went to the airport (got to talk to my family a lot) and did all that. I would talk more about that but it wasn’t really that exciting, haha. I flew on a plane and tried to sleep... didn’t sleep, got to Hungary and was really tired. By the time I got to sleep it had been 34 hours or so since the last time I had slept so that was a rough start.

We got off the plane and walked out and there was the Pres. and the APs waiting for us!! It was super nice to talk to them and see them. They took us back to the mission home and we dropped our bags off and then the APs took all of us to get some food. We had some rice and chicken which was pretty good but it wasn’t really Hungarian. We toured Budapest a little (see pics)  Then went back to the branch house and that is when I saw Dylan (Elder Murdock)  for the first time!! I lost my mind it was so crazy to see him!! We walked around and talked and he acted like he didn’t know at the time but YES!!!!! he is my trainer!!! We went into a meeting and it got announced and I flipped out!!! We had a few minutes to talk and it was a little emotional. But we became comps and another guy named Elder Roberts!! awesome guy. It has been super fun to serve with both of them. So then I find out I am serving in Níregyhaza!! pretty cool town but it is really communist like and everyone hates each other. Haha

Hungarians are really grumpy but don’t worry I am melting their hearts with my super good Hungarian. just kidding! I don’t understand anything haha. It is really hard to be in a crazy place and not even know what people are saying to me. I love it though. It is super fun and I couldn’t be happier. We got on a 3 hour train to pretty much Ukraine. I am right on the border of everything.  We got to the town and we are walking down the street and this guy stops us, and starts talking to us in English. (which does not happen here. like ever.) So he starts talking to us and brings up that he plays American football and that there is a team here in this town!!! what are the odds!!! Dylan and I started freaking out!!! The very first person I talk to and he brings up football... like are you kidding???  We go to our apartment and walk in and it is pretty nice actually. I don’t have a bed though. I sleep on a couch. It pretty much sucks but I am surviving, don’t worry. We went to our first appointment my first day there and it was way cool to sit and listen to the language I am supposed to know. I don’t think I got more than a couple of words but I bore my testimony and that’s about it.  I got to finally sleep after that. Best sleep ever! Next day we woke up and went grocery shopping and had some crazy experiences. People hate when you sniffle so if you have a runny nose you get wrecked here and also they just walk across the street and cars stop for them so it is way sketchy but you just go out into the street and cars have to slow down. It is way crazy. Also, it gets 1öö percent dark at like 4 every day so that kinda sucks a lot.  I feel like I haven’t seen the sun in months because it is always cloudy and then gets dark so soon.

 I taught some really cool lessons and was able to bear my testimony and it was cool to see it affect people. We were teaching these gypsies (which are just different skin color people and usually are pretty poor. But I bore my testimony and asked if she would pray so she did. She hadn’t prayed in over 20 years. So she was really embarrassed and felt bad but I told her that God wants her to talk to him and that he loves her and we love her and she just started to cry and ran out of the room. I hope it was a good thing because it was really cool for me. The Gift of Tongues is real even if I can’t speak great Hungarian.   Sorry, but I have to go,  love you all,  Elder Ure



last MTC care package binge



Balcony of first apartment
First time seeing Budapest
last time with Elder Verse in Buda

Budapest


First Apartment

Our Hungarian food we made

Níregyhaza    

No comments:

Post a Comment