Tuesday, December 22, 2015

HUNGARY- WEEK TWO



Budapest in December

So this week has been crazy, painful, super spiritual, funny, awesome, pretty much every emotion. 

I can’t even begin to describe the word frustrating to you. Sitting there all day every day not understanding what anyone is saying gets to you. Me being the person I am I want to know it and know it right away and it is super annoying not understanding anything but I am being patient. It will hopefully come in a year or so hahaha lol. 

We had Christmas zone conference this week in Budapest and that was super fun. I loved going up there and looking around and being able to see everything again. We had fun at the conference and actually got to see a movie!! We got to go see The Little Prince. I would tell you what it was about but it was all in Hungarian sooo sorry. haha. It was still cool to be able to just sit there I guess haha. 

Then later in the week we went to give service to an older lady and got to take her to a play in this big Catholic church. It was a cool experience seeing how other religions do things and just sitting there listening to people sing and be happy. The old lady is super nice and old and she always wanted to hold our hands because hers was cold and because we thought she was going to fall over but I got to just walk the streets of Hungary holding this little old Hungarian ladies hand for a little so it was awesome! 

So, probably the worst thing possible happened this week. I went to a program with an investigator and he said he was going to feed us and we were all excited so we walk up to the door and right when he opens the door I about throw up. Straight salmon smell hits me in the face and I want to pass out. If you know me you know that salmon is my worst enemy. It is disgusting. So, I man up and walk in. Anyway, long story short I had to eat a piece of salmon and it about killed me. I will never like salmon. 

Now onto probably the best part of the week. WE FOUND A FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!

So we called the coach and he wanted to meet with us right then but we couldn’t so we met with him the next day and he just told us all about the team and how he pretty much puts all his time an money into the team. He was such a cool guy and all of us thought he would be the best mormon ever, haha. We will get him don’t worry haha. Anyways he asks us what we want to do and if we want to play on the team and all this stuff and then we told him why we are here and our purpose an he loved it and wants us to come coach and then share a message after practice!!! So Saturday comes around and that’s when they practice and we show up and they already know who we are because the coach talked about us to them. So we talk to them and see what positions they play and they didn’t have a QB there so ya boy  I stepped in and was dropping dimes. I played QB and also went and ran routes and caught balls. This team is super like rag tag and just a bunch of guys that don’t really know football so it made it so fun haha. Dylan and I were ballin so hard it was so good to play again. They loved us and we are going to coach them from now on and share messages with them! How crazy is that? Two best buds from Highland Utah playing football in the middle of Hungary. Want to know the even crazier thing? The field they play on is literally a farm. You walk past horses and chickens and all types of animals and behind all that is where the field is. SO cool. I love it haha. I will give you more about that next week!! 

Then Saturday we had our branch Christmas party. It was fun I guess but it was hard to have fun when you can’t really talk to anyone so I just kinda sat there. Anyway the cool part was one of our investigators showed up super drunk so that was interesting. He was passed out in the chair and so we woke him up and started talking to him and what happened was he had to go to the hospital because his heart and he has a really hard life and not a lot of money so he drank and was super wasted. He ended up saying that he doesn’t want to live this way anymore and that he is done with smoking and drinking and is going to change. So we walked him home so he would be safe and he started to hug us all and got to me and just started to cry so I just hugged him and said in broken Hungarian that I love him. So in two weeks he wants to be baptized so we will see how that goes. 

Anyway that was my week here in Hungary and I hope you all have such an amazing Christmas and think of the true meaning of this time of year. I love you all!! 


Love Elder Ure 


No comments:

Post a Comment