Monday, January 23, 2017

SMALL ACTS CAN BRING JOY

This week has been nuts!! We have done so much stuff and had so much crazy stuff happen. I will start by talking about the best p-day ever. Last week we went ice-skating and I had the time of my life. There was music playing and it was in the middle of the city and it was beautiful and I just died. It was such a fun p-day. I loved it.

After that on Tuesday we went to Budapest and had zone training. It went really well and we talked about the atonement. We talked about how we need to apply the atonement into our own lives so that we can be able to teach it to others to have it change their lives. I think it went really well and I liked it a lot. I was able to talk about how when I was a kid I looked at missionaries as if they were angels and whenever they would walk in I would just be amazed about how cool they were and how spiritual and stuff like that and I told the missionaries to be missionaries that little kids look up to. It was super awesome!!

After zone training we went straight to Sopron for splits. We got there really late and I became really good friends with the floor again. We are now on a first names basis. It was good though. The next morning the Elder that I was serving with was really sick so we weren’t able to get a lot done because he is actually the branch President in Sopron and we had to do some stuff for that and we both just did not feel good. So we went tracting and made brownies to take to people the next day but it was still a great split but it was just hard because he didn’t feel good. 

After splits we went home and had a teaching with an inactive member that can’t come to church because her mom is bed ridden and she can not leave her alone and doesn’t have the money to put her in a care home or something like that. So we went over there with a member that used to be a JW and it got intense real fast. haha you could tell he had a history of preaching the good word because that’s what he did. It was epic I had to calm it down and try to not have anyone’s eyebrows light on fire. It still went super well though and she actually was able to come to sacrament this Sunday so maybe that is what she needed. 

This week the funniest thing that has ever happened to me during an English class happened. We were talking about role models and who we look up to and there is this really cute old guy in there and his friend and they are super good guys. They have been friends for years. So he talked about his friend but he made it so it was a surprise. He didn’t say the name right at the beginning but he was saying all of these super nice things about him and it was just really great and he comes to the end and says in the thickest Hungarian accent, "Frank is my Homie".... Elder Gentry and I lost it and he tried to correct it because he thought he said it wrong so he then said... he is my home slice... I was in tears laughing. No one understood why we were laughing so hard but once we stopped laughing and explained that that is slang and that’s why it was so funny because it was all serious and sweet and then he says that. I felt bad to ruin the moment but I could not help but die laughing. He told us that a missionary taught them that a long time ago. It was so funny. 

This week we had a really cool miracle happen. We were tracting and it was right before we had planned to go home for dinner and Elder Gentry said we should do one last building, it was a building that I had already done from a couple months ago but I thought why not peoples’ minds can change and some people might have not been home when I tracted it the first time. So we started to cséngő (ring the doorbell) and immediately people started to yell at us and for us to go away. We kept going and it happened again that someone walked out of the building and told us that three people had already came down the stairs and told the person to not let us in the building. We kept going and I had a prompting to start from the other direction on the list of names, and as I was cséngőing someone walked up to the building and let us in. We only had three people left to talk to but we decided that we would go in and talk to them face to face. The first person was not interested and on the second door a man opened that I remembered talking to and he even came to our English class once. He let us in and we were able to talk to him and we ended up sharing the message of the restoration and set up to teach him again tonight. It was a true miracle because I don’t think he would have let us in if we had not talked to him face to face. If I had not followed the prompting I received to start at the bottom of the list I would have cséngő-d him and I don’t think we would have met with him, you never know; but I am so grateful for the spirit and that God is truly guiding our work here in Győr. 

We have some big news!! Our investigator Roland is going to be baptized in two weeks!! We think he is ready and we have started to plan the baptism!! We are super pumped because for the longest time I didn’t think he was ready but this week we asked him to bear his testimony and it was really powerful and I felt the spirit and we both knew that he was ready so we are really excited for that. Keep him in your prayers so he will stay ready! He will be baptized on the 11th.

I want to finish with another story from giving service in the old folks home this week. We were talking to my favorite little old lady and she was having such a good time talking to us, and I know how to fold a rose out of a napkin so I made her one and when I gave it to her the biggest and cutest smile of no teeth came to her face that I about melted and almost cried not even kidding. It brought so much joy to her that she couldn’t even explain it in words. It was so cool and I just was blown away that out of such a small act, someone’s day was changed. We all can do this. Small acts can bring joy into the lives of those around us. We just need to be the ones acting and thinking of others. I love serving a mission and being able to bring joy to others. That’s why I am a missionary.

Szeretlek

Ure Elder







No comments:

Post a Comment