Monday, January 9, 2017

Cold and Great

This week has been so great but also so cold ha-ha. It actually snowed this week though and I won't lie to you, I think I might have shed a tear. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I haven’t seen a site like that in over a year (almost two pretty much) and it was the best day ever... after that we just suffered. It was so cold and we are riding bikes still so we just die but it’s fine because we have good coats and the spirit. Am I right? 

I will start off with a really funny but also a little awkward situation. This week a really cool girl let us in. I don’t even know how old she was probably like 25. So we have a really good talk with her and taught her the restoration. She said she works everyday and couldn’t tell us when we could come back but we got her number and planned for this next week. So on the way out I realized that all her doors had English sayings on them from Christmas and stuff. So I asked if she understood them and she was like... uh no but they are cute. So I was like okay ha-ha I can translate them for you if you want. So I started and they were like, do you want to build a snowman, and have a merry Christmas and a happy new year, and then the last one was all I want for Christmas is you. So without thinking about it I just translated it and it came out and I was like uhhh... and she got all red and was like oh really??? And I was just “well we got to go, I hope you have a good day and we will call you later”. ha-ha!  So lesson learned is think before you translate. It was really funny but awkward at the same time. I didn’t know how to recover; I have become an awkward missionary.

We also got the cops called on us again this week so we had a very pleasant talk with them and they asked for all our info and we gave it to them and then once again they were okay cool thank you have a good day. So we just went on tracting. Ha-ha people here must be scared of us. We do dress in all black and have huge coats and we are not really small people so it’s understandable but still funny.

This week we also had a really cool opportunity to be able to go to an old folks home and talk to people there. I was able to talk to a really old guy for a long time and had a really good talk with him about his life and how hard it has been because he was sick for his whole life even when he was a child and now he is like 92... it was crazy! It was hard to sometimes understand him but I loved it. I then talked to an old lady and she also talked my ear off in the best way possible. She went off about her old lady problems and how her grandson doesn’t say enough when he comes and visits. It was really cute and I loved serving there. We are going back tomorrow!

I walked out of serving with such a smile on my face and I was just so happy. I truly believe that service is the key to happiness. I love serving and I think if we all try to reach out and just serve a little even if that is just talking to someone that is lonely the world would be a much better place. 

Sorry I don’t have a lot of time this week. I love you all I hope you have a great week and I hope all is going well.


Love Elder Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment