Monday, January 16, 2017

busiest week of my mission

This week has for sure been one of the busiest weeks of my mission. The reason for this is that we had a Missionary Leadership meeting in Budapest and then splits in a whole different city and then when we got back to our own city we had to meet with all our investigators so we ran from teaching to teaching... I don’t think I have had a legit dinner hour in days... But don’t worry mom I am still eating a lot of food, and I am not dying. I am healthy, I do push ups :)

Well sadly I just realized that I forgot my paper that had everything that happened this week on it at home and I can never think of everything on the spot but I will do my best. So this week was full of us giving blessings, getting yelled at during tracting and then miracles. 

I will start with talking about splits because it was really fun and I made a memory that I will never forget. It was snowing almost the whole time we were there and it was the best day ever. What made it even more scary, but great at the same time is the fact that we were riding bikes and the ground was pure ice, I survived so don’t worry, yes probably not smart but it was still so great. We only rode bikes because we had a teaching that was far away and we had to get there in time and we were willing to sacrifice haha. The down side is I slipped a couple times and one time when I caught myself I ripped a hole in my pants. It is fixable so I am not mad and I still think it was worth it because I was able to ride down the streets of Hungary on a freezing day while it was snowing and just say to myself... I am a missionary. This is awesome!!!! haha.

Before that during the week we had a really cool miracle happen. We were tracting one day and thought to look up an old investigator and what ended up happening was his wife was home and she said for us to come up but we couldn’t stay because he wasn’t there but right when we started to talk to her he ran up to us and finished his run, so we all went in together and we were able to eat dinner with them and have a really cool talk. It was really awesome to be able to talk to him again and he told us that he was still planning on reading the Book of Mormon but he just can’t find the time right now and we were able to bear testimony that it will help him in everything he does not just to learn more about God. It was really cool and a great miracle.

Now onto the funny stuff when people get mad at us. I think I will just share one today but the others were also very funny and sad. So we started tracting one day and we didn’t start on a good note because the first woman we talked to flipped out on us for being there and was really mad that we even tried to talk to her and wouldn’t leave us alone and told us to leave but we we weren’t even by her door; we were outside, so she went inside and we moved on and came to this man, we gave our approach and he stayed silent through it all and then said, boys I am not interested, and so I asked well do you know..... And during what I was saying her turns around and picks up the phone behind him and says are you going to leave?? And I was like “what the?” yeah, we will leave so we left and I was just stunned that someone could be that fast to call the cops on us, so we got to his neighbor and he comes out again and flips out on us because it was his cousin that lived next to him and he was a younger kid and he didn’t want us to brain wash him. He wouldn’t even let us knock on the door but we were like well maybe he will be interested, like we believe everyone should get a chance to choose if they want to hear our message or not because it can truly bring salvation, and he was like what do I need to be saved from...? I’ll have you know he was a catholic and knew about sin and all this and this was after him getting very heated and so I replied... Your sins... he really didn’t like that so I just walked away and we moved on. It was pretty crazy and really sad but Hey that’s what I am here to do, we didn’t even raise our voice once!  We just preached the good word. It kind of felt good though to get some adrenaline going... not gunna lie!

Then on Sunday it was the day of blessings. In church we were asked to give two women blessings and it was really cool. They were both blessings of comfort and peace and it was just a cool experience like it always is. Then later that day we were able to meet with this inactive family and one of their little girls was really sick so we were able to give her a blessing also. She was a really cute twin and her mom asked us to give her a blessing so that she could not be sick and so that the rest of the family would not get sick. Then rewinding a little bit this week. We also gave a blessing to a member that has a big test coming up and he asked us to give him one so that he can be able to learn better and be able to concentrate. It was a week full of Priesthood and it was really cool. It is such a blessing that the priesthood has been restored and that we can truly use it in our lives. 

This week has seriously been spent full of just running everywhere and just meeting with everyone that we can. It has been a really great week. This week I have learned that if you have faith and you don’t think that it’s not going to work, but you instead think for the slightest possibility of hope. Then it will work because you will then do everything you can to make that happen and make it so it works out. I love this work and I am thankful to be a missionary.


Love Elder Ure






No comments:

Post a Comment