Tuesday, April 4, 2017

LOOK UP

This week was pretty normal other than Conference!! There were a ton of really amazing talks and I always love to hear the prophets’ words. 

Last P-day we went to the parliament and went on a tour around the whole building. We were the last 4 people to buy tickets so we got pretty lucky and it was so beautiful. I loved it!! 

This week we did a lot of finding and hit the streets pretty hard. We worked hard and I always love the weeks were I can say we went hard and did work. So it was a good week, I just don’t have a ton to write because... we do the same thing every single day... I guess I can be a little creative and share what a normal approach is like when we talk to someone on the street and what the usual answer is...

So we walk up and say with smiles on our face "of course because we are children of God and look great" so that stuns the people and then we start talking to them in a weird accent...

We usually say. Hello excuse us. We represent our church, we are Mormon missionaries and today we are talking to people on the street and asking a question.

If we make it this far without people saying they are in hurry or just not listening at all, we continue with our question. We usually ask questions like, what is the most important thing to you in your life, or what makes you happy, or if we are talking about Easter like we did this week we ask if Jesus Christ plays an important role in there life... at this point people are really freaking out because they can tell we are not Hungarian and usually disregarded the question we asked and then they ask where we are from or why we talk weird... so we tell them...

Then mid conversation people realize that we asked them a question and answer it with an answer of... my family, money, girls, God, Food, all sorts of fun stuff. 

So the next step is for us to use our missionary skills, More like let God talk through us because we are awful without him and we apply a gospel principle to whatever they said... yes I have taken an answer from a kid that said girls are the most important thing in his life and applied it to the gospel. 

We usually explain our message of the restoration and how our families and religion are the most important thing to us and that’s why we came here is to help other so they can live with their families forever or so that they can be happy or something like that. 

We then ask for their number, they give it to us, we call, we teach them the Gospel and then they get baptized. The everyday life of Elder Ure.

I am just kidding but that is actually how it usually goes. We have really good talks with people on the street and some just walk away or say they are a different religion or they think we are other missionaries (I won’t name names....) anyways I love it. Always makes for a surprise. 

We had a great week this week but not much to share. Our investigators are moving along but we need to meet with them more and that’s the hard part. 

This week we found a women on the street right as she was going into the building and I stopped her and we got into a really good conversation and had a great talk and I was able to have an amazing experience of talking and bearing testimony to her in a profound way. The words just came and I loved it because I could see it affect her. She had lost her dad and that’s why she did not believe in God and I told her with the most straight up words I could say... that she will see her father again. I saw it hit to her soul and from then on out she said she would call us. She was not willing to give us her number but I know she knew what I was saying was true. The spirit is so strong and it can truly change lives. 

I love you all so much I hope you have an amazing week and can apply the things we learned from conference. 

Don’t look around, Look up. 

Ure Elder

tracking with a bucket of chocolate













spring has arrived


No comments:

Post a Comment