Monday, September 19, 2016

Let HIM guide you...

This week was a good week! We worked hard and a little of the same and a little of the crazy.

Last week I forgot to write about it but we went and had a fire with a new investigator (hopefully!!) He invited us to go into the woods and cook bacon and sausage over the fire... Did it make me miss camping? You know it did. I loved it. So we went out there and as we cooked stuff over the fire we talked all about the gospel and taught the restoration and about the BOM to him and it were really cool. I was able to tell him my story about the BOM and bare really hard testimony. It was great!

Also this week I was asked to give a blessing to pretty much the only person we meet with. He was really sick and he asked me if I could give him a blessing because he heard about them. So like always I explained what it was and how it works and then gave him one. It was amazing. I love giving blessings because they always make me just warm and fill me with this power that I can’t even explain. Its not even power, it is just the spirit that is a power but hey you get what I mean.

This week we went to Bences house and it was so awesome, we taught him and then he made us palacsintas pretty much crepes and then gave us both ties. It was like Christmas. He got the ties from where he works because he works at a movie theater and they are awesome haha.

Then we ended up missing our bus and had to sit for an hour but the bus came twenty minutes before it was supposed to... woo-hoo Hungary haha. It was okay though because we just sat with Bence and talked and I had Elder Gentry practice Hungarian with him and it was just so funny because Bence pretended to be a mean Hungary and he did it spot on just like everyone we talk to. It was super funny. 

Then one morning we get a knock on our door and I open it and it was two government workers checking our house because we went to get Elder gentry registered. It was super weird. They just walked around was like okay everything is good have a great day... super weird.

Then I had a crazy experience on the street when this drunk guy came up to me and had a sausage in his hand and wanted to give it to me and was telling me how yummy it was and he made me smell it. I almost punched him because I thought he was going to force feed me but he just wanted me to take a whiff. It did smell pretty good but I for sure did not want it.

Then later we went and gave service and moved 60, 60-70 pound planks into some guy’s attic. They must have heard we play football or something because it was seriously work for someone else, not a year old missionary that has almost 0 muscle anymore. It was super hard but I felt awesome after. It was like an old workout I would do and it felt good to be sore again. 

The coolest part of this week was that I was able to give a baptism interview to one of the sister’s investigator. I was able to see her conversion and ask her about her testimony. It was so strong and so uplifting to see someone accepting the message and their life totally changing. It was amazing to be able to do that for her and I seriously spoke the best Hungarian I have yet so it was super cool.

I want to finish with one of the coolest experiences on my mission. This week we stopped someone on the street and I started talking to them. I was able to get a really good conversation going and they asked a lot of questions. Elder Gentry did awesome to put comments in and bare testimony. They asked me the question of what the difference between Good and correct is. I didn’t really know how to answer but the words just came out. I didn’t know how I was doing it or how I was even speaking the Hungarian I was. I knew without a doubt in my mind that My Heavenly Father was talking. Not me. I was just the tool. I don’t remember much but the people said thank you. You just gave us our answer. I was blown away ad just walked away after giving them a Book with my head spinning and a heart full of thanks. I have never felt so much love and been able to have something like that happen. I know my heavenly father loves me and is watching out for all of us. He helped me and he can help you if you just turn to him and ask. I love you all so much have an amazing week and Let HIM guide.


Love Elder Ure 

No comments:

Post a Comment